Monday, September 1, 2008

Sew Fun!

After years of "borrowing" my moms sewing machine, I decided it was time to get my own! After much research and advise from many friends, I finally made my decision about 3 weeks ago. I have already had so much fun with it, as it is slightly more updated than my moms (she got it when I was 2!). Here is my first real creation, a gift for a co-worker of Ken's. I hope she likes it!I was actually shocked that I completed it in about 3 hours one late night! I guess all of the cutting patterns and sewing when I was 10 has paid off!! I'm sure I will be making more gifts to come!

This is the inside, it is actually reversible!

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

mary!!! that bag is beautiful!! (you're going to be showing me up now!!) yay for a new sewing machine :) what did you end up getting?? congrats!!

Margot said...

Mary---don't you remember our "purse phase" in high school! I have to say--that one looks a lot better than the ones I have ever made. :-) Way to go.
Gwen

Anonymous said...

Too cute!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...